Saturday, January 26, 2008

Finished my Alligator scarf

Hurray! I’ve finished the Alligator scarf. I have so many projects going it is nice to accomplish one.

I enjoyed knitting this scarf because it was fun to create forms such as the bumps just by increase and decrease stitches.
The yarn is Merino but it not as soft as other Merino brands that I have knit with. I found a few bits of grass within the twists of yarn. The kit definitely has enough yarn. I have about ½ skein remaining. If knitted for an adult I would recommend adding a few extra rows of middle bumps to add enough length to be able to tie.

As you can see it is a scarf fit for a child. I’m sure a young boy would really like it. On me it drapes around my neck but is hard to knot. My friends all have said how great the color is. The sage green color really makes it look like an alligator. When choosing the pattern on the
Morehouse web site
there are 14 colors. I’m thinking in the future I might enjoy a scarf of one on the other colors such as gold or purple.

All in All I would knit this Alligator again and have even looked into some of the other fun scarf patterns that Morehouse offers. There is a funny one, which looks like a bunch of foxes linked together. Well, it’s a thought that I’ll consider during the summer. I’ve got too many other projects to finish.

I did finish one more hat which will I’ll show off after our Guild’s hat contest in two weeks.

3 comments:

Joan said...

Great scarf! All you need is an alligator handbag to go with. (the real thing) ;-p

† ★ Enedina Nava ★ † said...

hey! You look fabulous with the combination of gray and red! The scarf is amazing in gray color!
thousand kisses for you Pam!

Anonymous said...

Hello,
Magnificent your alligator scarf, could you help me, and send me the PDF explanations of the model by mail in: petitmag@hotmail.fr, because I cannot buy and download it of the site morehouse farm, it doesn’t work because i have not the correct credit card or perhaps it is my country, it would be super kind of your part.
long time i want to do this, so nice, if you want i can do an exchange of pattern with you?
thank you in advance.
Marry
sorry for my english
if someone have this pattern he can also send me by e-mail thanks a lot