Monday, October 02, 2006

Signed up for Sockoberfest (Press for Link)


I changed my first blog from my personal web site, which didn’t support comments to this “Blogger” site. It seems more blog specific. My next project will be to figure out how to add buttons on the side.
I am now on the official “Sockoberfest” list. So I can officially “Sock-On”.

As a part of October’s sock project I searched out a local yarn shop, Fiber Arts of Concord, http://www.needle-arts.com/.

The staff was very friendly. They had a fun basket full of yarn just for socks. I found a neat book just for socks called, Cool Socks Warm Feet, by Lucy Neatby. So far, I‘ve been using a sock pattern from one of my mom’s pattern books. What I like about this book is they explain different toe and heel finishing options. I’ll let you know how well I do with the new directions.

No comments: