Monday, February 26, 2007

Spa, Knit and Spin


My friend Ellen and I attended the Fifth Annual Spa, Knit and Spin, which took, place Saturday, February 17, 2007, in Portland, ME. This is a gathering of New England KNITTERS, Spinners, Spindlers, Weavers, Dyers, Lacemakers, Felters, keepers of Bunnies, Goats, Alpacas, Llamas and SHEEP, Yarn Shop Owners, people who CROCHET and Tat and Hook. I was totally amazed at all the spinners. They were in every available chair and sofa in the hotels lobby and special conference rooms. We got there late and only found space in the pool area. Ellen and I wanted to see the vendors set up in a conference room. There were sales of yarn, knitting supplies, spinners fleece, and spinning wheels. I was a good girl and only picked up a magazine and needles. I was tempted since, there was some hand dyed yarn skeins.

No comments: