Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Jessie is a sneak

I get up from the sofa and look who is sneaking my knitting. I sometimes think she is a playful cat instead of a dog. She just loves balls of yarn. The other thing she likes is the chase game when you RUN to catch Jessie and the knitting project before it completely comes off the needles. There is one nice thing about her though. She doesn’t chew to destroy things. She has never torn any yarn or toy, she just mouths them.

If you can see she has the beginnings of the Lunch Bag. I am still working on the bag’s bottom. I thought I had the gauge down, but after casting on and knitting about 12 rows I realized that I was 2 inches too big. I find figuring gauges for really big needles such as US # 15’s tough. If you are off by a stitch or two it can add up to several inches, as was the case here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to "meet" you Pam. I'm glad you stopped by my blog.

Jessie is adorable. Glad she didn't chew up your project. She was just giving it a little taste test.