Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween '07


My other domestic skills came into play this week for Halloween. Every year I make a costume for my daughter. This year it was a geisha kimono. It came out very nicely if I do say so myself. Even thought the costume will probably be worn once or twice I always mind the fine details. It takes longer but I prepare a quality-sewing job. I always back stitch at end of seams. I knot the end threads and sew them into a hidden seam. My daughter doesn’t appreciate these things and I wonder sometimes why I bother especially for an outfit that will be worn only a few times. Oh well, at least I enjoy the process.
We had a nice night here in New England for trick-or-treating. My daughter had some of her friends come over. They claimed to be the “Asian” sisters with the Queen Marie Antoinette. It was fun and the girls were very tired once they got home. I must say even I, who am not a great sleeper, slept well last night.

No comments: