Sunday, January 14, 2007

Teeny Tiny Felted bag and the Pats!


I am watching football while writing this and the New England Patriots just beat San Diego Chargers, Go Pats!

That’s it for all the excitement now, back to my knitting. I wanted to experiment with felting a bag. The books that I’ve read suggested to first knit and felt a gauge swatch. I found this pattern, which creates a bag from one ball of yarn. So my thoughts were to knit and swatch and also create something from the process.
Well . . . here it is!

This Vero yarn really shrank a lot in the height after washing. It is tiny but cute.


I enjoyed working with the Vero self-striping yarn from Naturally. When knit loose as suggested this yarn is very soft. The bag’s bottom knit up very soft and thick when using the garter stick bottom. (Our Hamster, Shadow, is checking out just how soft.) The black stripes ended up hitting the bag in just the right spots, in the middle of the bag and then at the top edge.


Once the bag was finished my daughter came along and asked if it was a hat. I actually thought it would make a nice hat too, but alas, after washing and felting the “hat” no longer fit. See . . .

No comments: